Friday, February 5, 2010

Spotlight On: Mode Cosmetics #10313 Lilac Dawn

Firstly, please read my post Introducing.... Mode Cosmetics Nail Enamel! if you have not done so already, as it contains general information about this brand of nail enamel.
Unfortunately I am unable to swatch #10312 - Blue Ice for you at this time, as the shade is discontinued, and I have not been able to find one anywhere - but I won't be giving up! If or when I find one in the future I will definitely be showing you all my excitement!


Lilac Dawn is part of the current Mode Cosmetics collection and is a pretty, classic shade of purple. The pearl finish catches the light and almost has a metallic appearance to it. The colour purple is difficult to define in my opinion, some would call this shade lilac, others may call it mulberry - I sway between the two! I found this shade very easy to apply, but preferred the coverage of three coats, as two didn't quite give the metallic effect that I am so in love with!


Photograph taken in indirect sunlight

Nail art: I used Crystallized Swarovski Flat Backs. These ones are Foiled Xilion Rose (2028/ss5.) Colour: 223 Light Rose. Set into wet nail polish and apply top coat. Voila!


I will be listing a bottle of this shade on OZtion for any Australian ladies interested in owning one! I will also be offering it for trade on MakeupAlley in the near future for anyone, anywhere! For ladies outside of Australia who would like to buy a bottle, please email me and I will happily list one on eBay for you. I will also be selling sample packs of Swarovski Crystals for anyone interested in replicating my nails! If you have tried these links and Lilac Dawn or the crystals are not available on any of these sites, please email me, and I will endeavour to source them for you.


While I was swatching my nails, my 17 month old daughter joined in, and I thought it was so cute I just had to show you guys! Awwwwwww...... the love of my life!

1 comment:

  1. How do I purchase some mode lilac dawn nail polish please Trish 0439639434

    ReplyDelete