Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spotlight On: Mode Cosmetics #10331 Blackjack

Firstly, please read my post Introducing.... Mode Cosmetics Nail Enamel! if you have not done so already, as it contains general information about this brand of nail enamel.


Blackjack is part of the current Mode Cosmetics collection and is a jet black. I had the shits in a serious way with this one! My usual routine is to paint my nails at night, apply a quick-dry top coat, and go to bed shortly after. I go to sleep with my hands hanging out, so that by the time I move my nails have dried enough to not be effected by sheets and blankets. Up until now, this method has worked perfectly, and then came along Blackjack... The first morning I woke up to fingerprints in my polish, a little annoying, but I figured it was bound to happen sooner or later! So take-two the second night, and wake up to more fingerprints and dings! Grrrrr! Peeved! I left nothing to chance when it was third time lucky! I painted, cleaned up and swatched them straight away! lol. So, the lesson learned here is that Blackjack is a thick, slow drying shade. I only needed two coats to get an even coverage. The result is great, but make sure you give your nails plenty of time to dry to avoid irritation! :)


Photograph taken in artificial light


I will be listing a bottle of this shade on OZtion for any Australian ladies interested in owning one! I will also be offering it for trade on MakeupAlley in the near future for anyone, anywhere! For ladies outside of Australia who would like to buy a bottle, please email me and I will happily list one on eBay for you. If you have tried these links and Blackjack is not available on any of these sites, please email me, and I will endeavour to source one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment