Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spotlight On: Mode Cosmetics #10640 Fabness

Firstly, please read my post Introducing.... Mode Cosmetics Nail Enamel! if you have not done so already, as it contains general information about this brand of nail enamel.


Fabness is part of the current Mode Cosmetics collection and is another deceiving bottle! The colour is a dark shade of Tyrian purple - nothing like what I expected! I found this satin shade easy to work with and two coats were plenty for a great finish! No streaking, running or clumping! If you like dark and moody shades - give this one a shot!


Photograph taken in artificial light


Nail art: I used L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer NA916 Forest Green to create this look. Allow nail enamel to dry before applying stripper polish. Start by painting a tortoise shell pattern on your nail with straight edges, and then fill in a few of the shapes you have made to make them solid colour! It's as simple as that! The shade I used as my base is a little too dark for this to look as effective as it could have - so try to have a greater contrast when you do it, if you are not using the same colours I did. Once you are finished and the polish is semi-dried apply top coat. Be careful not to apply the top coat too early otherwise you will end up with unsightly streaks! I hope my description helped!


I will be listing a bottle of this shade on OZtion for any Australian ladies interested in owning one! I will also be offering it for trade on MakeupAlley in the near future for anyone, anywhere! For ladies outside of Australia who would like to buy a bottle, please email me and I will happily list one on eBay for you. I will also be selling the Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer colours used for anyone interested in replicating my nails! If you have tried these links and Fabness or Forest Green are not available on any of these sites, please email me, and I will endeavour to source them for you.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! lovely color... and love the design as well... so craving for it right now

    ReplyDelete