Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spotlight On: Mode Cosmetics #10648 Totally Hot

Firstly, please read my post Introducing.... Mode Cosmetics Nail Enamel! if you have not done so already, as it contains general information about this brand of nail enamel.


Totally Hot is part of the current Mode Cosmetics collection and is a shade of Rose Madder. This creme was easy to apply, and two coats ample for an opaque finish. Overall, it is very simply a great shade of red!


Photograph taken in artificial light


Nail art: I used Color Club's Art Club Nail Art Lacquer NA17 Silver Glitter to create this look. Allow nail enamel to dry before applying stripper polish. It is very easy to create a look like this, simply paint a "V" at the tip of your nail and fill in the corners! Once you are finished and the polish is semi-dried apply top coat. Be careful not to apply the top coat too early otherwise you will end up with unsightly streaks! I hope my description helped!


I will be listing a bottle of this shade on OZtion for any Australian ladies interested in owning one! I will also be offering it for trade on MakeupAlley in the near future for anyone, anywhere! For ladies outside of Australia who would like to buy a bottle, please email me and I will happily list one on eBay for you. I will also be selling the Art Club Nail Art Lacquer colours used for anyone interested in replicating my nails! If you have tried these links and Totally Hot or Silver Glitter are not available on any of these sites, please email me, and I will endeavour to source them for you.

7 comments:

  1. I liked this shade... until I found Racy :P I prefer slightly deeper reds. This one's a little 'light' for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the deeper shades too - my favorite is Cerise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have Cerise, but I did buy some more polishes today. I got Starry Night and Trend Setter and... wait for it... I found Bugglegum and Tree Hugger! The last bottles in the store!

    :) I'm sooo excited. I found a mini Price Attack on a different street and decided to see if they had any colors the other one didn't. Grabbed Starry Night straight away and then I spotted the other two... did a double take like, "is it really..."?

    I can't wait to try out Bubblegum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful, especially with that glitter embellishment!

    I also really like how you link to those Wiki color articles in your entries :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jade: Bubblegum is GORGEOUS! You'll love it!

    Carley: I like my readers to get the best image possible of the colour I am swatching so I use Wikipedi to help describe them! It's really easy - just hi-light the colour name you type in and add the link to it using the link button! I hope that makes sense! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING *____* I love the nailart, it looks kinda like foil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! And here I was thinking this one didn't turn out so hot! lol

    ReplyDelete